Saturday 9 November 2013

Yummies

I was feeling quite domesticated when it got to yesterday afternoon.  Other than that I was feeling quite unmotivated!

The weather was awful here yesterday. Ok... awful too strong a word that's agreed. But it was cold, wet and windy... M and I had considered going to the cinema to watch Gravity in 3D, but once he got in, we decided against it! So with the weather being decidedly seasonal I thought what would be nice and warming? I opted for Slimming World Cowboy Pie, the recipe is available here. I exchanged celery for celeriac... as I didn't have any celery, and had 3/4 of a celeriac left to use! I made up roasted celeriac, carrots and red onions to accompany.  It was so filling and warming, I had no chance of finishing my portion! We then sat down in front of the telly, we are E4 fans and so our evening was mostly spent watching Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Rules of Engagement! I sat knitting the Christmas snoods... I've lost count of how many I've made now.  I also finished the snood that I'm pleased to say I designed myself! I'll post a pattern here when I can!

Will post pics of the pie mix, as it did look scrummy; I'd say its a bit of a chilli bean mix really, very filling as it has the meat, veg, kidney beans, baked beans and sweet-corn. I guess you could sub the baked beans for cannellini beans if you so wished!

As promised... Pics..

No comments:

Post a Comment