Monday 6 January 2014

Indigestion strikes again

Hi! I write at an hour that I really wish I would be asleep at. However, it is not to be.  So rather than loose out on these "additional" waking hours, what have I done?

  1. Read a few blog posts about filofaxing
  2. Watched a few YouTube videos as above
  3. Rejigged filofax
  4. Tackled some CBT tasks with vigour.... Such as my routine, necessary and pleasurable activities, and writing some smart goals (they're more at goal stage rather than the detailed smart goal stage
  5. Yoga to try and ease indigestion (it works! Try the twists!) 
  6. Writing this blog
So, you see... I haven't wasted my time! 

I am really becoming a fan of Philofaxy. Link here It is a resource of all things filo, and organising! And plus they provide links to other like minded blogs! I admit, I am a newbie when it comes to being a filofaxer... But I have had my current filofax for probably the last 3 years or so? I can't actually remember where I got it, whether it was john Lewis, or eBay. I have a sneaking suspicion it may have been john Lewis... But considering the price of my filofax is currently £79.... I doubt very much whether I would have paid anywhere near that! 
So with the enthusiasm gleaned from the blogs and YouTube videos I set to a sort out. Earlier today I had moved my diary portion from the start of the binder to the middle. I did this so that it is easier to write on... Not sure how I feel about everything else being distributed, and after years of sticking with the filofax set up... It's going to take more than the few hours it has been to get used to it. I also removed the mocked up dividers I made... There were too many and they were bulking up my binder, so they went. Then I decided that I wanted to include my CBT  notes (of sorts) so I set to writing them, and now they have been out under my Health and Fitness tab. 

So, the CBT... Well, long story how that came about. I did write a blog about that area of my life... I'll post the link to that here when I get the chance to. But lest to say that, things certainly feel easier than they have done, and Im gradually coming to terms with the fact that life changes us, and sometimes life makes those changes when we're not quite ready, but it happens, and we have to deal with it. I honestly look back at 2012 and think, where the hell did the year go?  Despite having THE most amazing holiday, 2012 feels like it  was a bit of a nothing year... I mean that in the sense that I almost have no recollection of what happened, and what I do remember feels like it happened to somebody else. But 2012 was really the year when my creativity flowed... I had the time to knit, and that was all I wanted to do, was to knit... Anywhere. Everywhere. And boy am I thankful for that. 

Ok, well it's approaching 1:40am GMT, I'm awake, along with what appears to be one other residence in my block (that I can see from my window) I am getting quite tired now... And having written what has seemed to be a long post, I will stop now for fear of rambling. Plus, the more tired I get, every time my heater clicks or rumbles it makes me jump... I need my sleep, I need my bed! 

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment